Medication Aide-Certification (MA-C)
Dates vary | 9 A.M. - 2 P.M.; see below for upcoming classes | The Mason Center 120 Market Pl Blvd., Suite H Knoxville, TN 37922
9 A.M. - 2 P.M.; see below for upcoming classes | The Mason Center 120 Market Pl Blvd., Suite H Knoxville, TN 37922
This four-week program (three weeks classroom and one week clinical) is for certified nursing assistants who have worked full-time in an assisted living or a skilled nursing facility for at least a year and who wish to pursue certification for medication aide.
SEE UPCOMING CLASSES
The Mason Center 120 Market Pl Blvd., Suite H Knoxville, TN 37922
$2,800 per student. Free or reduced tuition may be available through our healthcare partners; for more information, contact [email protected]
- Please fill out the below form, including your name, and best contact information.
- Letters of recommendation: All programs at the Mason Center for Healthcare Education require two letters of recommendation. One should be a professional letter of recommendation from someone with whom you have or have had a professional relationship and who can speak to academic or work experience. This letter should address the candidate’s overall fit for the program of interest. One should be a personal letter of recommendation from an acquaintance, neighbor, teacher, etc. This letter should address any traits, skills and experiences that qualify you to enter the program. Please send letters of recommendation either electronically or delivered via mail or in person along with the application.
- Interview process: Once we have received the necessary documentation, you will be notified within 5-10 business days to arrange an interview. Once the interview process is complete, an acceptance or declination email will be sent to you. A formal letter will be mailed within 5-10 business days to the provided address as well.
- Application for program submitted.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Have completed 12th grade or its equivalent or have successfully passed test and received a graduate equivalency degree (GED).
- Drug screen, proof of tuberculosis skin test (TST) and background check will be required prior to admission.
- Have worked as a certified nurse aide (CNA) in a nursing home, assisted care living facility or a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) for at least 365 days of continuous, uninterrupted, full-time work at no more than two different facilities at the time the applicant applies.
This four-week course (three weeks classroom and one week clinical) is for certified nursing assistants who have worked full-time in an assisted living or a skilled nursing facility for at least a year and who wish to pursue certification for medication aide. Topics will include medication administration via oral, topical and other routes, medical asepsis, hand hygiene, terminology and legal implications. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate skills necessary to pass the state board and be certified with the Tennessee Medication Aide Registry.